|> Home > Classrooms > Room 20|
Room 20 - Mr Kevin Jones
Room 20 2017
Welcome back to Term 2, I hope that everyone has had a relaxing break and was able to spend time with family and friends. We have another busy but exciting term ahead as we head into the winter months and start preparing for our Turangi camp in Term 3. Outlined below are major learning focuses for the term and key dates for Syndicate events.
Focuses for Term 2
Mathematics - Measurement then Multiplication and Division strategies within a problem solving context.
Writing - Short Stories - Using figurative language to create imagery, suspense and effective characters while writing short stories.
Grammar - Continue to develop knowledge of spelling patterns, word origins, sentence structures and vocabulary development.
Reading - Understanding how to ‘read inbetween the lines’ for the deeper meanings of texts and how to draw information from a text to answer questions.
Inquiry - Keeping Ourselves Safe - finding out how to keep ourselves safe and how to care for ourselves within a range of different contexts. E.g. Digital safety, puberty, friendships with our peers.
People Savers-Each class will attend a free one day First Aid Course in preparation for camp within our Keeping Ourselves Safe unit.
Physical Education - Weekly Jump Jam fitness sessions and a winter sports rotation.
ICT- A range of activities to develop skills using Google Docs, Slides, Sheets and Forms within our classroom programmes.
Art - Learning how to draw - people, animals, landscapes, still life, linear and atmospheric perspective.
Key Dates for Term 2
● Sports Camp parent meeting - Week 1 - Thursday 7pm, Rm 21
● Mathematics Roadshow - Week 1 - Thursday 1-3:30, MPR
● Looking To Lead - Student Council course - Week 2, 1:30-3pm, MPR
● Keeping Ourselves Safe parent meeting - Week 2, 7pm
● ICAS - Digital Technologies-Week 3, Tuesday, MPR
● Young Leaders Day - Week 4 - Monday, Rotorua - lead by Mr Marsh
● ICAS Science - Week 5 - Tuesday, MPR
● Full School Assembly - Week 5, Friday MPR
● ICAS Writing - Week 6 - Wednesday, MPR
● North/West sports day - Week 6 - Friday
● No Technicraft - Week 6
● Sports Camp - Week 7
● ICAS Spelling - Week 7 - Tuesday, MPR
● Turangi Camp parent meeting- TBC
● Discos (fundraising for camp) - Y7/8 Disc0- Week 9, Thursday
Term 2 Reminders
● Please make sure your child has a change of suitable clothing for P.E. Monday. Wednesday and Friday
● Review classroom homework requirements and establish this routine for the term.
● Return all camp consent, EOTC health and parent helper forms by the end of this week.
● Return all Whittaker's chocolate fundraising money to the school office by Friday 13th May
Class Blog - Don’t forget to check out our class Blog: http://room20terapaschool.blogspot.co.nz.
Please contact me through email, dropping into school or for longer discussions, through appointments.
"Truth is Trust;
Seek the Right Path"
All rights reserved. All content Copyright Te Rapa Primary School. Created by J Gordon.