|> Home > Classrooms > Room 11|
Room 11 - Mr Matt Foster
Welcome to Room 11 for Term 1.
It is great to see the sun shining and the nice weather upon us, please remember to slip, slop, slap and slide. We are ready for a great term with lots happening.
Here are our focuses for Term 1.
· Independence - doing things by myself!
· Reading- Guided & Shared – comprehension, how to solve words/self- correcting/retelling and using the library well.
· Writing – descriptive & poetic – deeper features
· Maths – children are grouped into ability groups and the major focus is Number
· Oral language – how to be a good speaker and listener as well as vocab extension
· I.C.T – Word processing skills and Thinker’s Keys
· P.E – Swimming and Team Building
· Inquiry – Our School Community is special, it belongs to us all…
· Maori – Greetings, farewells, my Mihi and colours
· Art – Baseline sketching and drawing/Pastel work
· Citizenship – Respect & Responsibility
Some important dates are;
Thursday 16th February: Orientation Evening
Tuesday 21st February – walk to old school site for our inquiry focus
Wednesday 1st of March: Mathletics Parents Evening in the DMC 6.30pm – 7.30pm
Friday 10th March: Full School Assembly
Wednesday 15th of March: Photo Day
Friday 17th March: Syndicate Swimming Sports
Wednesday 22nd March: Whanau Hui Meeting
Tuesday 11th April P/S/T Conferences
Wednesday 12th April : P/S/T Conferences
Friday 13th April: Last Day of Term 1 and Full School Assembly
Please feel to come and visit and see what we are up to.
"Truth is Trust;
Seek the Right Path"
All rights reserved. All content Copyright Te Rapa Primary School. Created by J Gordon.