|> Home > Classrooms > Room 11|
Room 11 - Mr Matt Foster
With this colder weather children are bringing their jackets and lots of extra clothing, please remember to check the lost property. We are ready for a great term with lots happening.
Here are our focuses for Term 3.
· Independence - doing things by myself – ongoing!
· Reading- Guided & Shared – comprehension – looking at deeper meaning and how to look for detail. Big Books, reading in smaller groups and sharing a story with others.
· Writing – Maori Writing Competition, Goal Setting, Information Reports.
· Maths – children are grouped into ability groups with specific focuses.
· Oral language – how to be a good speaker and listener as well as vocab extension. Sharing information reports through PowerPoint.
· I.C.T – Word processing skills, Thinker’s Keys and PowerPoint.
· P.E – Cross Country Training – games/strategies/techniques and fitness time trials.
· Inquiry – The Arts – Drama, Dance, Singing and Production.
· Maori – Animals and Kapakaka.
· Art – Baseline sketching and drawing/Painting/Calendar Art – PAT fundraiser.
· Citizenship – Perseverance and Kindness
Please feel to come and visit and see what we are up to.
"Truth is Trust;
Seek the Right Path"
All rights reserved. All content Copyright Te Rapa Primary School. Created by J Gordon.