|> Home > Classrooms > Room 10|
Room 10 - Mrs Sarah Shearer
Welcome back to Term 2. I hope that you have had a lovely holiday and enjoyed the many sun filled days. It was great to see so many supportive parents at Parent/Student/Teacher Conferences at the end of last term. I continue to look forward to working with you to help your child/ren achieve to the best of their potential.
FOCUSES FOR THIS TERM…
· ENGLISH: Guided and Shared Reading; Handwriting/Writing skills and Report Writing, Individual Spelling Programmes
· MATHEMATICS: Multiplication and Division, Geometry and Measurement
· I.C.T.: Word Processing Skills using a range of programmes, using search engines to Google, find and validate information (to ensure it is accurate)
· CITIZENSHIP: Excellence and Honesty
· THINKING SKILLS: Thinker’s Keys – Prediction, What if…?, Recap on the Brainstorm, Question and Alphabet Keys
· INQUIRY: Science – Evolution and Change – living world, grouping and classifying animals, then looking back to Permian Animals (Life Before the Dinosaurs), learning about adaptations over the years, extinctions and some possible reasons why
· PE & HEALTH: Working towards the Strictly Jump Jam Syndicate Competition, Ball Skills
· ARTS : Auditions for Year 3/4 Production Dance Groups with minor speaking roles (Children possibly begin to learn their dance in preparation for Term 3’s Production, individual class arts programmes
· MAORI: Kapahaka (if they are in this group) or Maori (Maori – Greetings/Farewells, Mihi, Colours, Animals)
IMPORTANT UPCOMING DATES:
Please do not hesitate to contact me and/or make a time
to meet if you have any queries or concerns.
"Truth is Trust;
Seek the Right Path"
All rights reserved. All content Copyright Te Rapa Primary School. Created by J Gordon.